All transit systems are different and have different layouts and needs. Whether its size of the transit network, size of the city, population, or the type of transportation (trolley, subway, bus, train, tram…), etc. Consider the following questions when considering your security camera purchase and configuration:
- What is your most pressing security concern?
- Where is theft mostly experienced? Violence? Vandalism?
- Do you operate late night hours?
- What security systems do you currently have in place?
- Consider the layout of your stations, how are they arranged?
- Do passengers need tickets to enter boarding areas (through access control or turnstiles access control)
- Do you verify the fares on board?