Quick Guide of Using Google Home To Control Smart Devices
1 .What you need to get started
Before using Google Home to control your smart devices, make sure you meet the following conditions.
• Stable WiFi network which could access to Google server.
• A Google Home device.• The latest version of the Google Home app. This app is compatible with mobile devices running Android 4.2 (or higher) or iOS 8 (or higher).
- Download on Android
- Download on iOS
• The latest version of Google app.
• A Google account. (If you don’t have one, create one)
• The device display language must be set to English US.
• Make sure your Smart Life app (or client’s app) account belongs to the United States.
• Make sure there’s at least one device under your Megapixall Home account, and the device’s name could be easily recognized by Google Home (e.g., bedroom light).
2. Add smart devices in Megapixall Home app (or client’s app)
You can skip this part if you’ve already added some devices to your United States Eclipse Home account, and in the meantime, the devices’ name is easily recognized.
2.1 Download Megapixall Home app
You can scan the QR code below to download the Megapixall Home app.
You can also search “Megapixall Home” in either App Store or Google Play to install the app. iOS version download: App Store Android version download: Google Play
2.2 Register an United States Megapixall Home account
Open the Megapixall Home app, tap “Register”, then register an United States account.
2.3 Add device
Sign in with the Megapixall Home account, tap + on the top right Conner, then follow the instructions to add a device
2.4 Change device’s name
After you managed to add the device, get into the device panel, tap • • • on the top right corner, then change the device’s name to an easily recognized word or phrase, like bedroom light.
3. Set up Google Home and enable Megapixall Home Action
Setting up process needs mobile devices, and there might be some differences between Android and iOS. In this manual, we use Android as an example. The mobile device display language must be set to English before you set up Google Home.
3.1 Set up Google Home with an Android mobile device
You can skip this part if your Google Home is already set up.
1. Make sure your Google Home device is opened.
2. Make sure to connect your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Google Home device.
3. Open the Google Home app by tapping the app icon on your Android device.
5. To allow Google Home app to discover and set up nearby devices, Tap Allow.
6. Tap SIGN IN , choose one Google account that you already logged in on your mobile device.Sign in to the Google Home app for a better experience.
Or follow the instructions to sign in a new Google account.
7. The Google Home app scans nearby devices that are powered on and are ready to set up. If no devices are found, make sure you’re near the Google Home device that you are setting up and it’s plugged into a wall outlet. Then tap Try Again .
8. If you only have one device that must be set up, tap CONTINUE.Google Home found
If Google Home app finds a list of devices, scroll to find the devices you want to set up. Tap SET UP.