Before using Echo to control your smart devices, make sure you meet the following conditions. Stable Wi-Fi network which could access to Amazon server.
An Echo device, including Echo, Echo Tap, or Echo Dot. An Amazon account. (If you don’t have one please create one.) Megapixall Home app and a related account. Make sure there’s at least one device under your Megapixall Home account, and the device’s name could be easily recognized by Echo.
2. Add devices in Megapixall Home app (Refer to App Instruction)
You can skip this part if you’ve already added some devices on your Megapixall Home account.
1. Download Megapixall Home app (Refer to App Instruction) You can scan the QR code below to download the Megapixall Home app:
IOS MEGAPIXALL HOME APP
ANDROID MEGAPIXALL HOME APP
You can also search “Megapixall Home” in either App Store or Google Play to install the app. iOS version download: App Store Android version download: Google Play
2. Register an Megapixall Home account and sign in the app (Refer to App Instruction) Open the Megapixall Home app, tap “Register” to register an account, then sign in the app.
3. Add device and change the device’s name (Refer to App Instruction) Sign in with the Eclipse Home account, add the device, then change device name so it’s easily recognized word or phrase, like “bedroom light”.
3. Set up Amazon Echo and enable Smart Life Skill
User can configure Echo through web or Alexa app. Web configuration link: http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html Download Alexa app: iOS version download : App Store Android version download : Google Play We take app configuration as an example. Configuration through web and app are basically the same
3.1 Set up Echo with Alexa app
You can skip this part if your Echo is already set up.
1. Make sure your Echo device is energized. 2. Make sure there’s a stable Wi-Fi network which could access to Amazon server. 3. Open the Alexa app by tapping the app icon on your mobile device. 4. Type in your Amazon account and password, then tap “SIGN IN”.
5. Tap the hamburger menu on the top left comer, select “Settings”, then tap “SET UP A NEW DEVICE”
6. Select your Echo model, choose a proper language, then tap “Connect to Wi-Fi”
7. Long press the do! button on the top of your Echo device until the orange light shows up, then tap “CONTINUE”. When your phone is connected to Echo, tap “CONTINUE”.
8. Select Wi-Fi to let Echo have access to the internet. Type in the Wi-Fi password, then tap “CONNECT”. Echo may take several minutes to connect the network.
9. Tap “CONTINUE” when Echo is connected to the network. After an introduction video, tap “CONTINUE” to finish the setup.
3.2 Link Eclipse Home account to Echo
1. Tap “Skills” in the hamburger menu, then search “Eclipse Home”. Select “Eclipse Home” and tap “ENABLE” to enable the Skill.
2. You will be redirected to the account link page. Type in your Eclipse Home account and password, don’t forget to select the country/region where your account belongs to. Then tap “Link Now” to link your Eclipse Home account. The country/region, the account, and the password must match with the exact content in Step 2.2 when you registered the account. When “Alexa has been successfully linked with Eclipse Home” shows up, tap X on the top left corner.
4. Control your smart devices through Echo
4.1 Discover devices
Echo needs to discover your smart devices before it controls them. You can say “Alexa, discover devices” to Echo. Echo will discover devices which have already been added in the Eclipse Home app.
You can also tap “DISCOVER” to discover smart devices. Discovered devices will be shown in the list.
I Note: every time you change the device’s name on Eclipse Home app, Echo must re-discover before you control them.
4.2 Control devices by voice commands
Now you can control your smart devices through Echo. You can use the following commands to control your devices (e.g., bedroom light):
• Alexa, turn on/off bedroom light. • Alexa, set bedroom light to 50 percent. • Alexa, brighten/dim bedroom light.
You can also set up groups in Alexa app. Tap “CREATE GROUP”, give your group a name like “my smart lights”, select devices to add them in this group, then tap “SAVE”.
Now you can control your devices by the group. Try saying “Alexa, turn on my smart lights”, all the lights are turned on!